Metro Q And A


Preguntas y Respuestas

¿Soy indocumentado y alguien hizo una petición migratoria por mi, acaso tengo que salir del país y esperar en mi lugar de origen por el ajuste migratorio?

Es probable que tenga que volver a su país de origen y solicitar una exención para poder recibir una visa, a menos que esté protegido bajo la Ley 245-i en la cual se haya sometido dicha petición antes del 30 de Abril de 2001 para beneficio de usted. El gobierno está en el proceso de cambiar dicha Ley, para que de esta manera el solicitante pueda esperar su proceso y ajuste migratorio mientras permanece en Los Estados Unidos.

¿Como puedo darle seguimiento a mi caso migratorio?

Si usted necesita darle seguimiento a su caso migratorio lo puede hacer de varias maneras. Si usted tenia un abogado que lo representara y esté ya no se ya no se encuentra trabajando para la misma firma; La firma tiene la obligación de proveerle y asegúrale con información y copia del archivo de su caso actual. Dependiendo de su estatus usted puede darle seguimiento ya sea por la web, llamando a inmigración, ICE y hasta recurriendo a la corte; estos le pueden ayudar con información relevante de su caso.

¿Soy ciudadano (a) Estadounidense puedo solicitar el ajuste migratorio de mis padres?

Para poder solicitar el ajuste migratorio de sus padres antes que nada debe ser mayor de 21 años de edad. De esta manera podrá hacer la petición por medio de la forma I-130 para que su padre y/o madre puedan vivir en los Estados Unidos como residentes permanentes. Si sus padres viven fuera de los Estados Unidos la forma para recibir la residencia permanente es por medio de un proceso consular (es decir por medio del consulado estadounidense mas cercano al lugar en donde radican sus padres en México). Si sus padres están con documentos legales en los Estados Unidos entonces estos serán tramitados directamente con USCIS (Servicios de Ciudadanía e Inmigración de los Estados Unidos). Le recomendamos contactar a un abogado de inmigración ya que depende cada caso el tiempo que tarde.

Que es Prosecutorial Discretion también conocida como Discreción del Fiscal?

Existe una nueva política relativamente nueva denominada Prosecutorial Discretion o bien conocida como Discreción del Fiscal. Según un memorándum de política de fecha 17 de junio 2011, se hace del conocimiento a las autoridades pertinentes a enfocarse en la deportación de aquellos de mayor prioridad tales como los criminales y personas que amenazan a la seguridad nacional o la seguridad pública. Tome en cuenta que esto no/no implica un ajuste migratorio de residencia o ciudadanía ni le dará a nadie el derecho a un permiso de trabajo. Para mas información le sugerimos consultar a su abogado de inmigración.

Introduction To Fayad Law, P.C.

Video bg

Contact Us

We respect your privacy. The information you provide will be used to answer your question or to schedule an appointment if requested.

Note : All the fields Containing * are mandatory to fill.

Have questions about your rights? Ready to discuss your
immigration case? Contact Fayad Law, P.C. now.

What Sets Fayad Law, P.C. Apart?

As a boutique law firm, we make sure that every single case we handle and client we represent receives our personal attention. We limit our caseload to ensure our clients feel truly supported at every moment, from start to finish. Your best interests will always be priority – and that is our driving priority. We know that any type of legal matter can be overwhelming. We approach every case with compassion and dedication from start to finish because we know how much may be at stake for you. We bring more than 20 years of combined legal experience to the table, which gives our clients the legal knowledge and insight needed to successfully navigate various legal processes.

Firsthand Experience
as Immigrants


English, Arabic, French,
Russian and Spanish


Proven Track
Record of Success

one to one

Personal, One-on-One


You Stay Informed
at All Times


We Strive for Client


There are dozens of different types of visas available under the provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), but they can all be placed in one of two categories: immigrant and nonimmigrant visas. The former is for individuals who are hoping to establish permanent residency with a green card and perhaps even to pursue the path to naturalization and citizenship. The latter is for those who are only planning a temporary visit to the United States, such as for the purpose of conducting business or attending school.

The INA sets limits on the number of people who will be permitted to immigrate to the United States each year using certain types of visas, while other visas are unlimited. Family immigration visas for the immediate relatives of U.S. citizens are available on an unlimited basis, while there are annual quotas set for the relatives of lawful permanent residents and extended family of citizens, with a maximum quota of 480,000. The number of employment immigration visas is limited to 140,000 per year.

Pathways to citizenship include service in the United States military and adoption, but a large percentage of all people who become citizens do so through the process of naturalization. The basic qualifications for naturalization include:

  • Living in the U.S. as a permanent resident for 5 years (or 3 years for a spouse of a U.S. citizen)
  • Being at least 18 years of age
  • Living within the state where you will apply for citizenship for at least 3 months prior to the application date
  • Being physically present in this country for at least half of the past 5 years
  • Maintaining continuous residence in this country from the date you submit your application for naturalization
  • Being able to read, write and speak English
  • Have a basic understanding of U.S. government and civics

It is also necessary to supply evidence that you are a person of good moral character and are attached to the principles of the U.S. Constitution. We can assist you with proving these factors, as well as preparing your petition and helping you get ready for the tests.

In June of 2012, the Obama Administration directed the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to begin applying a policy that is referred to as Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). Under deferred action, DHS is exercising discretion in its execution of the laws concerning deportation and removal of immigrants who are illegally present in the United States. Deferred action is not a change to the existing law, but is instead a change in the way that the law is being applied. You may qualify for relief under DACA if you were younger than 31 years of age on June 15, 2012, came to the U.S. before your 16th birthday, have continuously resided in this country since June 15, 2007 and are either currently in school or have already graduated from high school or earned your general education development (GED) certificate, among other criteria. With deferred action, you may be able to avoid being deported, though it does not grant any change of immigration status.

In its review of immigrant visa petitions, the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) weighs factors related to the ties that the prospective immigrant has in the United States and the reasons why he or she wants or needs to come to live in this country. For example, a family immigration petition will not be approved unless the foreign national has immediate relatives such as a spouse, mother or father, child or sibling already living here as a citizen or green card holder. An employment immigration petition is more likely to receive approval if the applicant has a job offer in this country and is coming to fill a position that cannot reasonably be filled from the local labor market. A foreign national who is fleeing persecution in his or her home country may be granted an immigrant visa as a refugee or asylee.

There are many strategies for challenging a removal action. If the proposed deportation is based on a criminal conviction, it may be possible to appeal the conviction in order to have it overturned. Another option is to petition for cancellation of removal, a type of immigration relief which is available to people who are of good moral character and whose deportation would subject a family member who is a citizen or permanent resident to extreme hardship. The key to success in stopping deportation is to take immediate action by hiring a Virginia immigration attorney from our firm as soon as possible. Contact us now at Fayad Law, P.C. for a confidential consultation and to let us get started on your case!

Fayad Law, P.C. maintains offices in Richmond and Fairfax, Virginia. We work with individuals, families, and businesses across the world, providing them with assistance in resolving the legal issues involved with helping their loved ones and employees to immigrate to the United States. We work directly with foreign nationals living abroad, guiding them through the process of obtaining immigrant and nonimmigrant visas for entry to the U.S.

Real Clients, Real Testimonials

Professional Associations

Contact Us Today


We respect your privacy. The information you provide will be used to answer your question or to schedule an appointment if requested.

Note : All the fields Containing * are mandatory to fill.

Have questions about your rights? Ready to discuss your immigration case? Contact Fayad Law, P.C. now.

Contact us pic1
contact us pic2

Sign up for the Fayad Law, P.C. Newsletter and get monthly news
straight to your inbox!