Richmond Work Visa Lawyer

Fayad Law, P.C. helps clients secure the work visas they need to work and live in the U.S.

Richmond Work Visas

Have you always dreamed of living and working in the United States? The country is known as the land of opportunity, and you want your chance to succeed. However, the idea of getting a work visa is a bit daunting when you look at the numbers. There are only 140,000 permanent work visas available each year, so the competition is fierce. Also, temporary H-1B visas are capped at 65,000, plus another 20,000 for people who hold degrees from a university in the United States.

Since there are so few visas available, hiring an attorney to help you through the process is necessary. Our Richmond work visa lawyer has helped numerous men and women live and work in the United States. We can help you through the process, ensuring that you provide all necessary documentation to get approval.

Types of Work Visas

Our Richmond work visa lawyer can help you apply for a permanent or temporary work visa. We represent clients who want to receive:

  • EB-1 visas
  • EB-2 visas
  • EB-3 visas
  • EB-4 visa
  • EB-5 visas
  • H-1B visas

Why Choose Fayad Law, P.C.

  • Covers All Aspects of Immigration Law – We help clients with citizenship and naturalization, appeals and bonds, asylum, and other aspects of immigration law.

  • Multilingual – We are fluent in English, Arabic, French, Russian, and Spanish, allowing us to provide legal services to immigrants from around the world. 

  • More than 20 Years of Experience – Our experienced legal team understands the immigration system, and we use our legal experience and insight when representing our clients. Our first-hand experience as immigrants also helps our clients navigate the complex immigration system. 

  • Personal Attention – As a boutique law firm, we limit our caseload to ensure we can provide personal attention to each client that we serve. 

  • Ethical and Sound Legal Counsel – Nash Joseph Fayad has a reputation for providing ethical and sound legal counsel and was appointed to serve as Special Counsel to the Commonwealth of Virginia for all immigration matters. 

Contact Us

We respect your privacy. The information you provide will be used to answer your question or to schedule an appointment if requested.

Note : All the fields Containing * are mandatory to fill.

Nonimmigrant Visas

Labor Certification for Permanent Workers

If you want to obtain an EB-2 or EB-3 work visa, you will likely need a labor certification.  First, you will need to have a job offer. Then, the employer will serve as your sponsor and provide the labor certification. This certificate must show that the employer cannot find U.S. workers who are qualified, willing, and available. The employer also has to demonstrate that hiring a foreign worker will not negatively impact the working conditions or wages of U.S. citizens who hold similar positions. A Richmond work visa lawyer can help employers research and create labor certifications.

Permanent Work Visa Allocations

The United States divides permanent work visas into five categories, and each category receives an allotment of available visas. EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3 work visas are given the top priority, with each receiving 28.6 percent of the available visas. EB-4 and EB-5 visas are allocated 7.1 percent each of the 140,000 available visas.

A Richmond work visa lawyer from Fayad Law, P.C. can help you obtain a work visa in any of the categories, including those with low allotment rates. We know what the government expects regarding these applications and can help you make a case for receiving a visa to work in the country.

H-1B Visas

If you want to work in the U.S. on a temporary basis, you can apply for an H-1B visa. This visa is open to people with specialty occupations. You need to have at least a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent or 12 years of specialized experience. If you don’t have a degree or meet the experience requirement, you can get this visa if you have a certification or license that authorizes you to engage in the work required. These visas are available to people who have occupations that are difficult to master.

What Is An EB-1 Visa?

If you have an extraordinary achievement, you can qualify for an EB-1 visa. These visas are the most difficult to get because they are reserved for people at the top of their fields. For example, Nobel Prize winners and Olympic medal recipients can apply for and obtain an EB-1 visa. Your Richmond work visa lawyer can review your accomplishments and accolades to see if you qualify. If you don’t meet the requirements, you can still qualify for another type of work visa.

What Sets Fayad Law, P.C. Apart?

As a boutique law firm, we make sure that every single case we handle and client we represent receives our personal attention. We limit our caseload to ensure our clients feel truly supported at every moment, from start to finish. Your best interests will always be priority – and that is our driving priority. We know that any type of legal matter can be overwhelming. We approach every case with compassion and dedication from start to finish because we know how much may be at stake for you. We bring more than 20 years of combined legal experience to the table, which gives our clients the legal knowledge and insight needed to successfully navigate various legal processes.

Firsthand Experience
as Immigrants


English, Arabic, French,
Russian and Spanish


Proven Track
Record of Success

one to one

Personal, One-on-One


You Stay Informed
at All Times


We Strive for Client


There are dozens of different types of visas available under the provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), but they can all be placed in one of two categories: immigrant and nonimmigrant visas. The former is for individuals who are hoping to establish permanent residency with a green card and perhaps even to pursue the path to naturalization and citizenship. The latter is for those who are only planning a temporary visit to the United States, such as for the purpose of conducting business or attending school.

The INA sets limits on the number of people who will be permitted to immigrate to the United States each year using certain types of visas, while other visas are unlimited. Family immigration visas for the immediate relatives of U.S. citizens are available on an unlimited basis, while there are annual quotas set for the relatives of lawful permanent residents and extended family of citizens, with a maximum quota of 480,000. The number of employment immigration visas is limited to 140,000 per year.

Pathways to citizenship include service in the United States military and adoption, but a large percentage of all people who become citizens do so through the process of naturalization. The basic qualifications for naturalization include:

  • Living in the U.S. as a permanent resident for 5 years (or 3 years for a spouse of a U.S. citizen)
  • Being at least 18 years of age
  • Living within the state where you will apply for citizenship for at least 3 months prior to the application date
  • Being physically present in this country for at least half of the past 5 years
  • Maintaining continuous residence in this country from the date you submit your application for naturalization
  • Being able to read, write and speak English
  • Have a basic understanding of U.S. government and civics

It is also necessary to supply evidence that you are a person of good moral character and are attached to the principles of the U.S. Constitution. We can assist you with proving these factors, as well as preparing your petition and helping you get ready for the tests.

In June of 2012, the Obama Administration directed the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to begin applying a policy that is referred to as Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). Under deferred action, DHS is exercising discretion in its execution of the laws concerning deportation and removal of immigrants who are illegally present in the United States. Deferred action is not a change to the existing law, but is instead a change in the way that the law is being applied. You may qualify for relief under DACA if you were younger than 31 years of age on June 15, 2012, came to the U.S. before your 16th birthday, have continuously resided in this country since June 15, 2007 and are either currently in school or have already graduated from high school or earned your general education development (GED) certificate, among other criteria. With deferred action, you may be able to avoid being deported, though it does not grant any change of immigration status.

In its review of immigrant visa petitions, the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) weighs factors related to the ties that the prospective immigrant has in the United States and the reasons why he or she wants or needs to come to live in this country. For example, a family immigration petition will not be approved unless the foreign national has immediate relatives such as a spouse, mother or father, child or sibling already living here as a citizen or green card holder. An employment immigration petition is more likely to receive approval if the applicant has a job offer in this country and is coming to fill a position that cannot reasonably be filled from the local labor market. A foreign national who is fleeing persecution in his or her home country may be granted an immigrant visa as a refugee or asylee.

There are many strategies for challenging a removal action. If the proposed deportation is based on a criminal conviction, it may be possible to appeal the conviction in order to have it overturned. Another option is to petition for cancellation of removal, a type of immigration relief which is available to people who are of good moral character and whose deportation would subject a family member who is a citizen or permanent resident to extreme hardship. The key to success in stopping deportation is to take immediate action by hiring a Virginia immigration attorney from our firm as soon as possible. Contact us now at Fayad Law, P.C. for a confidential consultation and to let us get started on your case!

Fayad Law, P.C. maintains offices in Richmond and Fairfax, Virginia. We work with individuals, families, and businesses across the world, providing them with assistance in resolving the legal issues involved with helping their loved ones and employees to immigrate to the United States. We work directly with foreign nationals living abroad, guiding them through the process of obtaining immigrant and nonimmigrant visas for entry to the U.S.

Real Clients, Real Testimonials

Contact Us Today


We respect your privacy. The information you provide will be used to answer your question or to schedule an appointment if requested.

Note : All the fields Containing * are mandatory to fill.

Have questions about your rights? Ready to discuss your immigration case? Contact Fayad Law, P.C. now.

Contact us pic1
contact us pic2

Sign up for the Fayad Law, P.C. Newsletter and get monthly news
straight to your inbox!