F1 Visa Lawyer in Virginia

Student Visas: Virginia Immigration Lawyer

If you are coming to the United States to study in an academic program or university, an F-1 visa may be right for you. If you do not qualify to enter the United States under any other immigration status and are solely traveling to the United States to study in an educational institution approved by the Department of Homeland Security, the F-1 visa is the visa you will most likely need. At Fayad Law, P.C., we are proven professionals in helping foreign nationals obtain their visas in a quick and efficient manner and will be glad to answer any and all questions you may have relating to the student visa program and any other immigration matters.

Applying for an F-1 Visa

In addition to the student being able to obtain a visa, the derivative visa known as an F-2 is for the student's spouse or child. When the student's main course of study has completed, an extension of the F-1 visa is allowed under what is known as the optional practical training program which allows a student who has graduated to work for 1 year in the United States. There have also been cases where a student who has graduated can serve 1 year as an unpaid intern under the OPT extension, and then also work for pay for 1 year after that with the application for an additional extension.

At times the immigration application process can be difficult and confusing. Take the time to call our firm and speak with one of our knowledgeable and experienced immigration law attorneys about your situation. We can help ease the process and give you peace of mind, knowing that your visa matters are being handled by a team of well-trained immigration lawyers and their staff. Avoid the frustrating delays and resubmissions which can occur if you file your application improperly by letting a well versed immigration lawyer in Virginia guide you through the process.