Nash Joseph Fayad
Nash Joseph Fayad is the Founder and President of Fayad Law, P.C. He was
born on June 2, 1966 in Lebanon, the oldest of three children.
In 1986, Mr. Fayad earned a scholarship to the prestigious Russian People's
Friendship University in Moscow, Russia, where he received his Bachelor
of Arts & Master of Laws Degrees with Honors in 1992.
From 1992 to 1998, he attended the Institute of States and Law of the Russian
Academy of Sciences, and in June of 1998, he received his PhD in Jurisprudence
with Honors from the Academy with a specialty in International Human Rights Law.
While enrolled in his Ph.D. program, Mr. Fayad co-edited "Human Rights
for the 21st Century" with Vladimir Kartashkin, the Chairman of the
Russian Presidential Human Rights Committee.
In 1998, Mr. Fayad immigrated to the United States. In 2006, Mr. Fayad
was sworn in as a proud United States citizen.
In 2002, Mr. Fayad earned his Master of Laws degree from the William and
Mary School of Law in Williamsburg, VA. In July of 2003, he was admitted
to the District of Columbia Court of Appeals.
That same year, Mr. Fayad worked with the Catholic Diocese of Richmond
Refugee and Immigration Services, representing indigent immigrants and
refugees with their asylum and refugee cases.
Also in 2003, Mr. Fayad joined Affiliated Attorneys in Richmond, where
he established the Immigration Law Division for the firm.
In 2004, Nash Fayad founded Fayad Law, P.C., a full service Immigration
Law firm dedicated to the protection of the rights of immigrants in both
family and business immigration cases, and to advancing the cause of human
rights and the rights of all persons coming to America seeking freedom
from persecution and greater opportunities for themselves and their families.
Nash Fayad lives in Chesterfield, VA with his wife, Susan. He has three
sons and one daughter.
Leadership includes (but is not limited to):
- 2014-2015 National Conference Committee Member – AILA National
- 2014-2015 Treasurer – AILA Mexico District Chapter
- 2013-2014 Consular Committee Chair – AILA Mexico District Chapter
- 2013-2014 Secretary – AILA Mexico District Chapter
- 2012-2013 Immigration and Customs Enforcement Liaison – AILA DC
- 2012-2013 Virginia DMV Liaison
- 2012-2013 Media Committee Chair – AILA Mexico District Chapter
- 2011-2012 Spring Conference Committee Member – AILA Rome District Chapter
- 2011-2012 Norfolk Customs and Border Protection Liaison – AILA DC
- "False Statements and Misrepresentation in Immigration Proceedings
and Ethical Implications for Law Practitioners" AILA Bangkok District
Chapter (Bangkok, Thailand 2014)
- "Arab Spring and Persian Fire: Issues Special to the Middle East"
AILA Rome District Chapter (Athens, Greece 2014)
- "Immigration and you: Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)"
The American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (Washington, D.C. 2013)
- "Challenges of Consular Processing in the Middle East and East Asia"
AILA Rome District Chapter (Bucharest, Romania 2012)
- "Immigration Consequences of Criminal Law" University of Richmond
(Richmond, Virginia 2012) "Business Immigration in the US: E and
L visa" Center for International Legal Studies (Kitzbühel, Austria 2009)
Member and supporter of:
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- American Immigration Lawyer Association (AILA)
- American Society of International Law (ASIL)
- Virginia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (VAHCC)
- Virginia Asian Chamber of Commerce (VACC)
- The American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC)
- Asian Leadership Inspiration Award from the Virginia Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Interviewed on immigration issues for local Telemundo show, Soy Inmigrante
- Sponsor and Judge for the Hispanic Association Sports Academy Miss Hispanidad 2014
Immigration Columnist for:
- La Noticia Newspaper
- Latinos News Newspaper (VA)
- La Voz Hispana (VA)
- Metro (VA)
- Que Pasa (NC)
- Al-Shaab Al-Arabi
- Business Immigration
- Entrepreneur visas
- Family Immigration
- Employment Visas
- Permanent Visas
- Political Asylum
- Deportation and Removal
- Immigration bond determination
- Refugee Law
- Immigration Discrimination
- Religious Visas
- Human Rights
- DV (Lottery) Visa
Languages: English, Arabic, French, Russian, Spanish